Re: Pitching Osbornes [Was: NTLK Flames are Good!]

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 23:37:56 CDT

On 8/7/00 11:02 PM, Grant [Snicker Snack] Hutchinson
[mailto:grant@splorp.com] wrote:

>Jim Johnston lamented:
>
>>Maybe I should start a forum about my old Osborne 1
>>8^) 8^o 8^) 8^# 8^)Š
>>(unfortunately my wife pitched it several housecleanings ago)
>
>Oh my, what a truly sad story. I hate to see a piece of history tossed
>out on the curb like yesterdays trash. I mean, even beasts as low as the
>homely milk jug at least get recycled in most urban centres.
>
>My sincere condolences.
>
>Grant

I swear, Grant, you and I are such computer pack rats! I've still got an
old TRS-80 Model I and my old (formerly 128k) Mac Plus. I still own
virtually ever computer I've ever purchased, except for my very first two
and my second Mac (a IIci that I gave to my sister and brother-in-law).
Same for my Newtons...I still have 4 of the 5 I've purchased.

I do believe we need to "get a life" ;-) Or at least I need to get
another domain name:
www.billscomputermuseum.com!

(Say, if I recall, you own a bunch of unusual domain names. Do you
register through Network Solutions at $70 a pop, or go thru someone else?
 Register.com had a telemarketer call me recently offering domain names
for $10. I didn't get all the details, 'cause I hung up on 'em....dang
phone spammers!...but now I'm wishing I had listened.)

 -Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = GOT A NEWTON QUESTION? Visit: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/