RE: NTLK Purchasing Rights to the Newton...?

From: brian.tiplady@astrazeneca.com
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 07:38:34 CDT

The whole OS will be copyright, including the Newton Virtual Machine. The
development language, NewtonScript, is also proprietary (I would love to be
able to develop for WinCE using something like NTK and NewtonScript). Then
there is the Power Management software, and the various drivers (the way
Newton handles screen input is very different from WinCE). Some of this may
have been bought in, but lot's will be Newton-Specific

-- Brian

Brian Tiplady
AstraZeneca UK Clinical Research Group
10 Logie Mill, Logie Green Road, Edinburgh EH7 4HG, UK
Tel: +44 (0)131 557 4929 Fax: +44 (0)131 556 3307