Re: NTLK Newbie programmer questions

From: Wolf Lichtenberger (w_l@gmx.net)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 04:17:01 CDT

Hi,

on Mon, 07 Aug 2000, Keith Isley wrote:
> Help!
> I'm dipping my toes into Newton programming (with very little background)
> and I have a couple of questions. Could one of you more experienced
> programmers help me?
>
> 1) I have both a Mac and a Windows machine available to run Newton Toolkit.
> Is one version better/more advanced than the other? Which is the better
> platform for basic Newt development?

Use a Mac with serial port that does Appletalk - i believe you can't beat
built-in 230 kBps networking, and you'll be glad because of the extra speed
compared to plain serial connections.
You might have to buy an older Mac, though. Serial and Appletalk ain't spiffy
'nuff for Apple these days...

regards,
-- Wolf