Re: NTLK Schlumberger

From: J. van de Griek (Joost_van_de_Griek@nl.yachtgroup.com)
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 09:34:10 CDT

frederic.pache@belgacom.be wrote:

> As soon as I can: I'm thinking about to buy it but I'm a bit affraid.
> Why? I would like to know if the memory limit on a 2000 is a real
handicap.
> Can you give me some examples where the 2000 is limited with his 5 MB RAM
?

Well... When you're websurfing wit NIE2 and an obese browser suite such as
LunaSuite, a 2000 might run into some heap-problems. But I personally have
never experienced any memory problems on my 2000. I do plan to upgrade it
soon with the innards of a deceased 2100, though.

If the Schlumberger is the equivalent of an MP2000, I wouldn't hesitate to
buy it. You might even be able to upgrade it if you can find the parts. But
it sounds to me as if just the collectors' value of it might be worth it!

,xtG
..tsooJ