Re: NTLK Luna Suite

From: Khaled Tewfik (khaledt@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 14:02:06 CDT

On Mon, May 22, 2000 Stephen Beesley wrote:

>While generally I was fairly happy with Luna Suite as a web browser I found that the image quality of its representation of .Jpeg files was pretty dismal compared to Newt's Cape. In fact they looked as if they were being rendered in 4 grays rather than 16.
In landscape display mod Luna Suite provides the best near desktop browsing experience of any browser available. But this comes at the cost of taxing the Newton resources. Newtscape provides abalance between featurs and performance. Newrscape is feature packed.

I used Luna suite extensively but never felt a problem unth its image representation. Too bad it is an uncompleted project; but I am among those to blame. I have known about Luna Suite for long, bat I never thought of buying it or even trying it, why should I when I had already have Net Hopper or so I thought. I only tried when it became free. But when I tried it I was impressed and felt guilty that I had never supported that product. May be it they had my support and that at others we would have had a better product today.