NTLK Newtons at the 500

From: Ray Boomhower (RBoomhower@indianahistory.org)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 07:57:22 CDT

I had quite a surprise this morning while eating breakfast here in
Indianapolis when I turned on the news and saw a report live from the
Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The reporter from WISH-TV Channel 8 was talking
to one of the official scorers for the upcoming Indianapolis 500. While
talking about the new scoring facility, the 500 scoring rep pointed to an
entire row of Newton 2100s, which are used by teams at the race to keep
track of their cars during the race. Gee, I thought Newtons were a dead
technology!

Ray E. Boomhower, Managing Editor
Traces of Indiana and Midwestern History
Indiana Historical Society
(317) 232-1877 FAX (317) 233-0857
rboomhower@indianahistory.org
reboomer@iquest.net