Re: NTLK Pocket PC

From: Ivan Shaw (ishaw@sympatico.ca)
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 17:03:28 CDT

At 05:03 PM 5/8/00 -0400, Peter Brigg wrote:
>I was told by a Pocket PC user (he has a Casio - lovely colour screen but
>Windows CE runs very slowly compared to a Newton 2100) that Microsoft
>bought the rights to the Newton handwriting technology and ported it into
>the new Windows CE.

I remember reading that Paragraph was now a division of Microsoft. However,
porting is one thing; optimizing is an entirely different beast.
CE/PocketPC HWR will eventually get better, the questions are how long will
it take and how many hardware upgrades will it require.

--
Ivan T. Shaw, PhD
Are you a "Have"?

http://www3.sympatico.ca/ishaw http://www.ivanshaw.com

****************************************** This NewtonTalk Message brought to you by:

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the Internet. Visit EVOTE.COM for all the latest news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!