Re: NTLK Show your support for the newton

From: Mike King (mikkel@market-research.com)
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 22:27:37 CDT

Drew,

Don't get me wrong, but I just think that you (and I) are very close to
crossing the total nerd line if we continue to evangelize for the Newton.

If the format were a good one, someone would have bought the technology a
long time ago. The reality is that most people want the smaller form
factor, even though the Newton is more suitable as a PC replacement that
the Palm or CE will ever be.

Interesting developments for me is that the Pocket PC (AKA WinCE 3.0) has
dropped most of the WIndows style UI, even the horrible 'START' button is
gone. I think WinCE is losing ground fast.

Samsung are developing a YOPY, based on Linux, which sounds like a great
idea. My mates at HP are also developing a Linux based PDA - small form
factor again.

Perhaps the fact that Palm have moved to the StrongArm processor means that
PalmOS might run on Newton hardware - now that would be very cool !

Well, that's my bit (I knew I would not be able to leave this topic alone.

Cheers

Mike