Re: OFF TOPIC..but fun...Re: NTLK Couldn't resist...

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Sat Jun 24 2000 - 00:33:06 CDT

On 6/23/00 1:33 PM, Brian McEwen [mailto:brian@bmcewen.cvm.okstate.edu]
wrote:

>Stereotypes about Oklahomans, howerver (my current location) are true :)
>We all drive a tiny little surrey with fringes on the top, in between the
>clouds left over from the Dust Bowl.
>
>(Even my wife's family in South Africa chortled, and hummed the opening bar
>of the Rodgers and Hammerstein "O-klahoma" musical at me/us when we moved
>here. sheesh. Talk about warping other cultures...).
>
>Brian

Speaking of warped....here in the state of Iowa, when people hear I was
born in Muskogee, Oklahoma, many will immediately start quoting/singing
the old Merle Haggard redneck country tune, "Okie From Muskogee"......

(I must admit, though, that I have the song on tape. 8-track tape. And
I even have a still-working 8-track player. ;-)

 - Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = GOT A NEWTON QUESTION? Visit: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/