Re: NTLK NewtDump Bugfix version release

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 23:53:02 CDT

On 6/7/00 2:30 PM, Victor Rehorst [mailto:chuma@chuma.org] wrote:

>Just a quick note to Say that the latest build of NewtDump, 0.1b48, was
>released last night. This fixes the "ActiveX component can't create
>object" problem that some people were experiencing. This also means that
>the file dialog will behave like a normul "save as" dialog.

Oh, man! I was just fighting (and will be tomorrow) that SAME error
message in a Microsoft Access in Visual BASIC for Applications function
today. No idea what component is missing (documentation? What
documentation? Programmers don't need no steeenking
documentation....gonna have to call the vendor of the FTP product I was
calling....it worked on the previous version.)

Sigh.

 - Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = GOT A NEWTON QUESTION? Visit: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/